Serve these delicious meatloaf muffins with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a dinner blue-plate special.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 “muffins”)